Annual Giving Assistant at Save the Redwoods League
Save the Redwoods League
Are you inspired by the beauty of our natural world and our majestic redwood forests? As our Annual Giving Assistant, you are a vital member of our Development team. You support the League’s direct mail and e-mail fundraising campaigns, serve as the lead customer relations assistant by responding to donors, execute gift processing and acknowledgments for major donors and major donor prospects, and ensure donor records in are up-to-date and accurate.
The Annual Giving Assistant supports the Senior Manager of Annual Giving in the management of annual giving campaigns and supports other department activities as directed by the Senior Manager.
For over 100 years, Save the Redwoods League has been dedicated to protecting the ancient redwood forests so all generations can experience the inspiration and majesty of redwoods. Since its founding in 1918, Save the Redwoods League has protected more than 200,000 acres of forests and helped create 66 redwood parks and preserves for everybody to enjoy. To learn more about us, go to www.SaveTheRedwoods.org.
We provide excellent benefits including paid vacation and sick time, medical, dental, transit benefits, life insurance and a generous 401K!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS:
· Serves as the primary contact for inbound donor inquiries and special requests (by letter, phone or email) from donors; responds in a timely manner to all inquiries and special requests from donors
· Refers donors to other members of the development department and other departments as appropriate
· Conducts outbound donor relations for gift issues including monitoring declined credit cards, and timely updating/termination of cards that are about to expire
· Records all activities in the Raiser’s Edge
Gift Processing, Data Entry, and Gift Acknowledgement:
· Performs daily entry and coding of gifts and pledges with a focus on more complex and large donations
· Oversees gift acknowledgment sent by mail; coordinates with gift officers to personalize letters for major donors, campaign donors, and planned giving donors; routes letters for signatures; ensure mailing in a timely manner
· Prepares and mails special acknowledgments including yearly giving summaries, honor/memorial/tribute giving acknowledgments, etc.
· Monitors and downloads constituent records and online gifts made through the website; conducts an ongoing review for duplicate records; troubleshoots gift processing obstacles
· Processes monthly In-House credit card and ACH payments; manages the data integrity for monthly donors
· Serves as liaison with outsourced gift processing firm
· Administers Matching Gifts program; keeps certifications up-to-date; manages communications for gift verification requests; ensures accurate entry of gifts
· Assists with annual giving program’s direct mail fundraising campaigns for content review, editing, and production oversight
Quality Control, Monthly Reconciliation with Accounting:
· Runs reports on all gift entry batches and methods; prepares documentation and reports for monthly reconciliation with Accounting; reviews monthly gift entry and coding
· Prepares and reviews batch reports and back up documentation for all gifts
· Copies and bundles all reconciliation materials for review by Accounting
· Takes actions to correct errors discovered in reconciliation
· Creates queries and reports; imports, and exports to check work quality; helps with reconciliation preparation
· Uses Luminate (LO) to check work and help with reconciliation
Reporting, Department Support, and Other Support:
· Prepares a daily report of mid-level and major gifts; prepares weekly report of all gifts
· Handles stamping and mailing of daily outgoing mail
· Trains temporary staff in gift entry and other database functions
· Provides training in the use of Raiser’s Edge reports and queries
· Serves as reception back up when Office Manager is absent
· Support fundraising operations, including maintaining inventory and storage of Development Department production materials stock; compiles materials/packets for donor requests; assists with events
· Committed to the mission of Save the Redwoods League
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in database administration, computer science, information systems or related field
· 2+ years’ nonprofit donor relations, gift processing, and gift acknowledgment or similar experience
· Proficiency with Raiser’s Edge (RE) and Luminate (LO)
· Highly skilled with MS Office, Outlook, Word, and Excel
· Strong donor relations orientation and customer service
· Strong analytical, communication and organizational skills; impeccable attention to detail
· Excellent project management skills
· Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
· Excellent verbal, written communication, and interpersonal skills
· Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment, establish and monitor priorities, remain flexible, meet deadlines, and have fun
· Regularly sits or stands at a desk or computer workstation; moves about the office to collaborate with colleagues
· Self-directed with the ability to work as a team member.
· Occasionally lifts, carries, moves, and positions objects weighing up to 30 pounds
NO CALLS PLEASE . . . we are busy protecting redwoods. THANK YOU!
Save the Redwoods League is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Fluent English speakers who are bi- or multi-lingual, including indigenous language speakers, are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
TO BE CONSIDERED:
Email your resume, a cover letter addressing why you are a great fit for this role, and your salary expectations to: jobs@SaveTheRedwoods.org with the subject heading “Annual Giving Assistant”.