Analyst, Marketing & Fundraising (Chicago or Washington, DC)
Work. Serve. Thrive.
Imagine a place where your talent can make a meaningful difference in peoples’ lives. Working at Feeding America is a uniquely rewarding experience in which our employees work together as vital parts of a much larger mission. We are innovative, mission-focused, diverse, collaborative, values-driven and focused on results.
We are a national, nonprofit organization and the nation’s leading domestic hunger-relief charity. Located in the heart of downtown Chicago, our mission is to feed America’s hungry through a nationwide network of member food banks and engage our country in the fight to end hunger.
Evaluate Marketing and Fundraising performance of online and offline channels by interpreting complex datasets to develop and execute insightful reports and dashboards.
Salary Range: $57,000 to $72,000+ Based on Experience
- Translate Marketing and Fundraising needs and requirements into reports that evaluate these programs to drive top-line performance. Use tools including SQL, Tableau, and Excel to build presentations and visualizations that provide analysis and insights around donor and constituent data and financials.
- Design, manage, and execute updates to performance dashboards, including refreshing data to update existing data visualizations and reports and refining analytics based on program owners’ feedback.
- Encourage adoption of analytics tools and reporting through communication, documentation, and informal trainings as necessary.
- Maintain and update SQL queries for all performance tracking.
- Document processes for building, updating, and manipulating tools and templates to ensure best practice implementation and build team knowledge base.
- Identify inconsistencies and gaps in data being used for reporting and partner with Systems & Data Management team to address and test fixes.
- Effectively manage relationships with internal and external partners to ensure timely execution against agreed-upon deliverables.
- Provide additional support for special projects as needed, e.g. providing analysis to stakeholders to prepare for executive team meetings, benchmarking performance relative to the nonprofit sector, and providing input on analytics requirements for new marketing platforms.
- Mission Focused – Demonstrates a commitment to Feeding America’s mission through work and action. Is committed to people keep people facing hunger at the center of our work and strives to translate this commitment into action on a daily basis. Willing to advocate for people facing hunger and serve as an ambassador for Feeding America inside and outside of work.
- Embraces Equity, Diversity and Inclusion – Demonstrates a personal commitment to valuing different background and life experiences through word and action. Takes personal actions to build an inclusive culture that ensures everyone can fully contribute based on their unique talents, skills and perspectives and feels welcomed and valued. Commits to driving equitable solutions to address root cause issues by incorporating an equity framework in their daily work. Committed to continuous personal EDI development.
Required Leadership Competencies:
- Communicates Effectively: Organizes thoughts and provides clear verbal and written messages to individuals and small groups. Communicates with colleagues and manager(s) to provide information, resolve issues, and promote ideas and proposals. Listens carefully and asks questions to build understanding.
- Collaborates Internally & Externally: Takes a positive, collaborative approach within own team and with other colleagues. Supports others’ efforts, putting aside own interests to do so. Resolves issues by approaching those involved directly in a non-judgmental, non-emotional manner.
- Leverages Functional Expertise: Uses functional knowledge to inform decisions, fix problems and suggest improvements to processes. Demonstrates professional curiosity and works to broaden functional/technical skills.
- Manages for Results/Delegates Effectively: Takes accountability for own performance and creates a plan with prioritized activities to support achievement of measurable goals. Handles the pressure of multiple priorities without sacrificing quality and timeliness of work or service. Provides helpful, supportive feedback to others.
- Operates with Integrity: Does what is right, rather than what is expedient. Anchors actions and decisions in our mission. Demonstrates courage by being honest, direct, and tactful, even when it is tough to do so. Supports organization/department decisions in words and actions. Takes ownership for mistakes and corrects them.
Required Technical Competencies, Experience & Certifications
- Two – five years of analytics experience required, including ability to design, build and manipulate queries/reports in SQL.
- Proficiency in Tableau, Python, or advanced Excel a plus.
- Independent self-starter who takes accountability for own learning; comfortable identifying gaps and creating action plans to resolve in order to drive results.
- Strong sense of curiosity coupled with excellent problem-solving and communication capabilities.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in fast-paced environment with a strong sense for meeting deadlines and follow-up.
- Detail-oriented, organized team player with strong ability to understand and document processes.
Feeding America embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain, and promote a talented diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential.
How to Apply