AMS/Salesforce Administrator & Application Director
Retail Industry Leaders Association
About the Job
Are you looking for the next step up in your career and have 4-5 years of AMS/CRM/SaaS/Database experience? If so, we might be the right job for you. Our ideal candidate is an up-and-coming AMS/database administrator eager to aid in the association’s information and data strategy. You enjoy developing and managing processes for the staff use of the AMS and other SAAS applications. You consider yourself a naturally curious and self-directed problem solver with strong critical thinking and communication skills. You find learning new technology and applications enjoyable and are eager to create solutions or workarounds to help staff accomplish their goals. Learn more about us at www.RILA.org.
If you think our position and organization align with your career goals and next steps, please apply using the link to our recruiting tool here: https://app.builtforteams.com/rila/jobs/d1c03c44.
Salary: $70,000 – $80,000
Summary of Position:
This position oversees RILA’s database, software-as-a-service (SAAS) applications, and related internal processes. In this role, the director guide’s the association’s use of internal applications including Fonteva (AMS), Informz (email), SurveyGizmo (surveys), and others to aid the staff in their mission-driven goals.
Under the direction of the VP of Marketing & Management Information Systems, this position works to improve and support the organization’s use of the AMS, manages the integration with other systems, leads the development and deployment and enhances the use of Fonteva/Salesforce. As the primary point of contact for staff on SAAS applications, you will help the association find creative solutions, support internal use, set up best practices and procedures, and manage the internal processes for these applications. The director advises departments on AMS functionality, monitors member data and transactions, develops event and registration setups, and ensures transactions and financial data are correctly interacting with our accounting software.
AMS/Database Administration (65%)
- Serves as the primary database administrator for the Fonteva/Salesforce AMS
- Works with Fonteva to deploy upgrades, implement and maintain customizations such as custom fields and objects, page layouts, workflows, and integrations
- Responsible for maintaining the AMS, including administrative functions such as user account maintenance, and reporting issues; creation of new fields, internal reports, badges, workflows, and other tasks as needed
- Manages ongoing AMS enhancement projects, identifying areas for improvement in the AMS platform
- Develops and maintains internal processes to ensure accuracy of data in AMS, minimize duplication of information (contact records, invoices, products, etc.), and is responsible for overall data integrity
- Creates and maintains custom reports/dashboards as requested by departments
- Supports staff with committee creation and roster management processes
- Supports the creation and maintenance of events, registrations, and tickets for committee calls and meetings, conferences, webinars, etc.
- Assists accounting team to create and maintain sound financial reports and internal controls and ensure dues reports are in sync with accounting reports on a monthly and annual basis
- Develops training materials for users across the organization and conducts appropriate training based on users’ responsibilities and needed functionality; assists in growing the organization’s use of Fonteva
- Responsible for troubleshooting technical issues, bugs, or errors encountered by staff
Application Support and Administration (15%)
- Liaises and partners with vendors to provide technical support to RILA staff
- Manage ancillary SAAS applications and integrations as needed (e.g., Conga, TRC, conference apps, RILA.org website, MapYourShow, Boomset, and Informz) for staff use
- Provide ongoing training and resources to staff advising on best practices, functionality, and procedures to drive process improvement and staff adoption of applications
- Communicate with staff regularly on systems initiatives and upgrade statuses
Information Systems & Operations (15%)
- Manages pre-, post-, and onsite conference registration processes for all conferences (list and report/dashboard management, customer support, registration setup, and support, backend registration, collections on registrations)
- Works with, and leads when appropriate, the development and execution of projects with RILA vendors
- Leads the conference event app development, implementation, and management
Member/Customer Support (5%)
- Responds promptly to member needs and requests as appropriate
- Serves as lead on managing all administrative aspects of the AMS
- Assist with membership inquires, including troubleshooting and resolving login issues for end-users; assist with customer payment processes
- Travel may be required to assist with on-site registration at association events
- Minimum of 5 years work experience with at least 3 years of experience in managing an AMS, Salesforce, or CRM in a membership and/or customer service-oriented company. Experience with Salesforce and/or Fonteva is ideal but not required.
- Demonstrated experience using and supporting staff use of SAAS products such as email distribution platforms, survey collection tools, mobile applications, virtual conference platforms, or other similar applications.
- Demonstrated experience working with vendors on the integration of an AMS.
- Some knowledge of HTML coding is helpful.
- AMS or database experience required Salesforce and/or Fonteva experience highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in business, communications, information technology, finance, or other related areas preferred but not required.
- Ability to collaborate with internal teams, stakeholders, and outside vendors/partners
- Ability to translate business processes and goals and provide options and solutions within the database and applicable applications
- Troubleshooting and problem resolution skills with the ability to quickly analyze and resolve technical issues
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks, work under pressure and within deadlines.
- This position is not a helpdesk/IT support role. RILA engages with a third-party vendor to manage infrastructure and assist staff with hardware setup and troubleshooting and use of standard office software (such as Microsoft Office, Zoom, and Sharepoint) and equipment.
- Travel to RILA conferences may be required.
- To be considered, both a resume and a statement of interest (cover letter) are required.
- This job posting will close on October 1.
At the time of this job posting, the RILA office is fully remote with plans to return to the office later in the year. Upon return to the office, employees will be based out of the D.C. HQ and may be eligible for up to two (2) days of telecommuting after demonstrating a history of strong work performance.
How to Apply
Please apply using the link to our recruiting tool here: https://app.builtforteams.com/rila/jobs/d1c03c44.
Both a cover letter (statement of interest) and resume are required in order for candidate to be considered for the position. Thanks!