The Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County is seeking a Camp Lead, Adventures In Nature (Summer Camp). As part of the Education Division, the Camp Lead works closely with the assigned Camp Instructors, Camp Counselors, Program Coordinator and Senior Programs Manager to support, implement and facilitate summer camp programs.
Primary responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Daily coordination of camp program
- Supply maintenance throughout program
- Coordination of special requests with other museum staff
- Daily camper check-in/check- out
- First aid assistance
- Camper management
- Assist camp instructors/counselors as needed
- Customer service/parent counseling
- Maintain and review parent/camper evaluations
- Monitor safety and all emergency procedures as they pertain to the complete supervision of all campers
The AIN Camp Lead is expected to become familiar with camp programs and museum resources at both the Tar Pits Museum and Natural History Museum in order to be able to lead campers and camp staff effectively. In addition, the Camp Lead will interact with Guest Relations, Gallery Interpreters, Research and Collections and other staff at the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County and the Tar Pits Museum. As this position involves daily contact with children, Camp Staff and NHM Staff, the position requires effective communication skills. The ideal candidate will possess a high degree of professionalism and courteousness. Previous experience with summer camps or another informal learning environment with children, and a general interest in natural history is required.