The Campaign Workshop
About The Campaign Workshop:
The Campaign Workshop is a fun and quirky bunch of political and advocacy professionals offering a variety of progressive consulting services, specializing in strategy, digital advertising, direct mail, training, and content for issue advocacy, candidate and ballot initiative campaigns. Basically, all the fun political, membership and advocacy stuff. We build award-winning, custom-made, strategically driven campaigns for a variety of clients. We’re campaign people who love to design and support progressive campaigns that are making real change in the world. For samples of our work, please visit our website. Also, we have done an extensive amount of writing on our blog and in our e-books.
The Campaign Workshop is committed to building a diverse team and a culture where different backgrounds and perspectives are welcome and strive for equal employment opportunities regardless of gender, physical and/or mental disability, race, age, national origin, color, religion, veteran’s status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, personal appearance, family responsibility, and any other characteristics protected under federal, state or local law.
We are a fully remote company, with an office in DC, offering a welcoming and relaxed (for as much as politics is relaxing), flexible work environment and believe in intentional leadership development of all our staff.
The Account Manager is a full-time position responsible for assisting in the creation, management and implementation of communications programs (including direct mail and digital advertising) to further the goals of our clients. The Account Manager reports to a Senior Account Manager or Vice President (VP) and works with other members of staff on assigned projects. This position is remote.
Responsibilities of the Account Manager will include:
· Working closely with Account Staff and VPs to develop and implement creative and eye-catching direct mail, digital communications and trainings for our clients
· Building and managing budgets for client programs to get them the most for their money
· Managing database entries and scheduling for client programs
· Writing enticing proposals and memos to send to clients
· Developing creative memos to share with designers, programmers and clients
· Coordinating with graphic designers to shepherd direct mail and digital advertising through the design process
· Implementing digital advertising programs using our ad server, self-serve and social platforms
· Monitoring digital programs, pulling reports and writing client-facing analysis
· Producing organized, well-sourced research documents to inform our work
· Contributing to TCW’s content offerings, including blog posts, eBooks, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Strong written and verbal communication
· Ability to manage workflow, timelines, and schedules
· Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
· Strong organizational skills
· Strong attention to detail
· Willingness to ask for help/support, as well as offering it proactively
· Ability and drive to proactively problem-solve for clients and company processes
· Ability to enjoy a fun and quirky work environment
· Comfort with and flexibility within a small company environment (in other words, career growth involves both coaching from management and some choose your own adventure skills)
· Experience with digital (both organic and paid) is a plus
· Experience managing multi-faceted projects from start to finish is also a plus
What you’ll gain:
· Seeing firsthand the ins and outs of political consulting
· Understanding client management and relations
· Gain knowledge and skillsets on creating, producing, and managing direct mail and digital programs.
· Create connections and networks with organizations inside the progressive movement
· Mentorship from experienced staff who’ve made a living doing this work
· Proficient with Excel, Word, PowerPoint
· Commitment to the progressive movement
Equal opportunity employer, no phone calls, please. All employees of The Campaign Workshop are at will. Cover letters and resumes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference the job title in your subject line. Applications should be submitted by April 30, 2021. References may be requested.
Salary range of $50,000 – $65,000 depending on experience along with a package of benefits including health insurance coverage and generous paid time off.
How to Apply
Please send cover letters and resumes to email@example.com. Please reference Account Manager in your subject line. Applications should be submitted by April 30th.