Are you passionate about helping nonprofits do more good in the world by providing them with the tools to make a greater impact? Do you have deep connections within the nonprofit community and a knack for problem-solving? Do you want to work with a really awesome team of people? If so, we’d love to talk to you about joining EveryAction.
EveryAction (the nonprofit arm of NGP VAN) is looking for a highly motivated self-starter to join our team as an Account Executive. For almost two decades NGP VAN has been providing world class tools to campaigns and political organizations around the country and we’re excited to bring our expertise in integrated communication and fundraising platforms to nonprofits.
We’re a successful growing company of 200 people based in Washington, DC and Boston, MA. We’ve been recognized as one of the fastest growing companies in America by Inc. Magazine for eight years in a row and one of the top 50 fastest growing companies in the DC area by both the Washington Business Journal and SmartCEO.
What you’ll do:
As an Account Executive, you will be based in our DC office and report to the Executive Director of EveryAction. In this role you’ll be responsible for creating relationships and driving new sales in your designated territory as well as working across departments internally to ensure client success.
From the moment an organization expresses interest in our tools, you will be their go-to contact throughout the entire sales cycle. Your job is to ensure our clients are as psyched about using our tools as we are about getting the chance to build them. You will also be responsible for cultivating leads through external networking and attending industry conferences on occasion.
What we’re looking for from you:
- Experience working with nonprofits or political campaigns; several campaign cycles or 2-4 years working in the nonprofit space. This may also be substituted by experience at another SaaS company.
- A thorough understanding of the SaaS (software as a service) industry, or a strong interest in learning about it.
- You are comfortable creating new relationships outside of our current client network – i.e. following up on leads, completing RFP’s, representing the company at conferences, etc.
- Client focused and highly organized. Genuinely enjoy answering questions in a team oriented environment.
- A passion for problem solving, project management, logistics, best practices, and data-driven decision-making.
- Willing to work independently, follow precise team protocols and pay extreme attention to detail.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills; particularly the ability to craft effective proposals and presentations.
- Willing to be flexible and adopt within a growing company and changing environment.
- Previous experience with CRMs such as NGP, Votebuilder, Salesforce, Raiser’s Edge, Convio, Salsa, is a big plus.
The position offers competitive compensation plus bonuses and a strong benefits package. NGP VAN prides itself on being a progressive and open-minded workplace; we have a fun and relaxed company culture, including enjoying periodic company retreats to warm places with beaches, and casual Friday every day.
About NGP VAN:
NGP VAN, the parent company of EveryAction, is a technology company whose team members do exciting and meaningful work that has a significant impact on promoting civil rights, social justice, and environmental responsibility.
Employees enjoy an unusually generous set of benefits, including 12 weeks paid parental leave, profit sharing, 100% premium-paid health/dental, and an ongoing education allowance.
NGP VAN is one of only a handful of companies to be recognized as one of the fastest growing companies in America by Inc. Magazine for 10 years. Last year we were named one of the Coolest Companies of 2016 by DC Inno. We’ve also been named one of the top 50 fastest growing companies in the DC area by the Washington Business Journal and SmartCEO. The Wall Street Journal wrote “NGP VAN is something of a secret weapon for the Democratic Party and the labor unions and progressive groups that use it.” We have also won the AAPC award for Best Use of New Technology, and the Campaigns & Elections Award for Most Innovative Product.
Join our team and work alongside about 200 smart, passionate, and innovative co-workers, many of whom are industry recognized as experts in their fields.
NGP VAN believes a diverse, inclusive staff makes us a stronger company and better partner for our clients. We’re committed to hiring people of all races, ethnicities, ages, sex, genders, sexual orientation or gender identities, marital status, religions, and disabilities. Women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are encouraged to apply.