JOB TITLE: Account Executive- Analytics
DEPARTMENT: Digital Media
SUPERVISOR: Associate Director, Digital Media
FLSA STATUS: Full Time/Exempt
CDR Fundraising Group, a well-established, full-service direct marketing company, with offices in Bowie, MD, and Arlington, VA, is seeking a skilled Account Executive to join our Digital Media Department. The Account Executive is responsible for leading digital campaign execution to acquire, cultivate, retain and upgrade online donors across one or multiple nonprofit clients. The ideal candidate must be a strategic thinker and able to work in fast-paced, creative environment with ever-shifting schedules and priorities.
The major areas of expertise include:
- Knowledge of and experience with online marketing for a nonprofit, including any or all of the following: Google Analytics, Search Engine Optimization and Website/landing page optimization.
- Familiarity with digital marketing best practices and the ability to provide reports with actionable insight based on data and trends.
- Commitment to delivering error-free work and high quality client service.
- Comfort working with data and using past results to drive future strategy.
- Ability to handle multiple complex projects; a resourceful self-starter who can take initiative and follow through on projects.
- Produce regular reports and with analysis for active marketing and fundraising efforts; maintain overall campaign results to evaluate the effectiveness of marketing efforts.
- Develop search engine optimization strategies and implement tactics to improve organic search rankings and increase the volume of traffic to client websites
- Analyze online user behavior and conversion data to complete funnel analysis and multi-channel attribution.
- Implement campaign testing schedules; make ongoing adjustments to marketing efforts as necessary to optimize results.
- Assist with all aspects of email marketing campaigns, including creating mail plans, driving the strategic direction of the copy, graphics and calls to action, determining the segmentation/targeting, and coordinating the production and execution of the final messages.
- Test/conduct quality control for all email, advertising, and landing page assets for digital marketing campaigns.
- Coordinate activities with other fundraising channels (direct mail, DRTV, telemarketing) to ensure that promotions are integrated and messaging is consistent.
- Conduct audits of client social media and web presence.
- Assist with researching, negotiating terms with vendors; routing and finalizing of contracts
- Research new marketing venues and opportunities, stay abreast of online marketing trends; develop and maintain relationships with vendors and partners.
- Conduct research on behalf of client mission and new outreach campaigns.
- Run internal meetings, including drafting and circulating agendas, meeting notes and action items.
- Maintain excellent relationships with nonprofit clients.
- Assist account directors and other senior staff with other activities as assigned.
- Knowledge of and experience with digital marketing for a nonprofit is ideal, including any or all of the following: search engine optimization, website analytics, email campaigns, mobile marketing, search engine marketing (Google Grant or paid) and other acquisition channels.
- Certification or experience with Google Analytics required. Experience with Omniture/Adobe Analytics strongly preferred.
- Experience with testing tools like Google Optimize, Optimizely, VWO, and/or Adobe Test and Target preferred.
- Strong skills in search engine optimization required. Experience with search engine marketing ideal.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Friendly, customer-service oriented attitude.
Education and Experience
- Two to three years of Internet marketing experience. Nonprofit and/or fundraising experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Degree in Marketing or Communications especially useful, but not required.
- Technical savvy, including experience with Salesforce and eCRM platforms Salsa and Blackbaud Luminate Online/Convio. Knowledge of CMS, Photoshop, and/or web editing software ideal.
- Experience with Google AdWords a plus.
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS desired.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the Digital Account Executive position. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the Digital Account Executive job. While performing the responsibilities of the Digital Account Executive position, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit or stand at a desk to work on a computer and use the phone, sometimes for prolonged periods. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
While performing the responsibilities of the Digital Account Executive job, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the Digital Account Executive will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the Digital Account Executive job. This is an open space environment with moderate noise (e.g., colleagues’ conversations, computers, and printers). Telecommuting may be feasible for this position with permission from direct supervisor. Occasional required travel is likely.
To perform the Digital Account Executive position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. These requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skill, and ability required of the position. The Digital Account Executive assumes other responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.