JOB TITLE: Account Executive
DEPARTMENT: Digital Media
SUPERVISOR: Associate Director, Digital Media
FLSA STATUS: Full Time/Exempt
CDR Fundraising Group, a well-established, full-service direct marketing company, with offices in Bowie, MD, and Arlington, VA, is seeking a skilled Account Executive to join our Digital Media Department. The Account Executive is responsible for leading digital campaign execution to acquire, cultivate, retain and upgrade online donors across one or multiple nonprofit clients. The ideal candidate must be a strategic thinker and able to work in fast-paced, creative environment with ever-shifting schedules and priorities.
The major areas of expertise include:
- Knowledge of and experience with online marketing for a nonprofit, including any or all of the following: email campaigns, advocacy, social networking, mobile marketing, search engine marketing, banner advertising, peer-to-peer fundraising, and other digital acquisition channels.
- Familiarity with digital direct response marketing strategy and tactics, and how to measure the impact of various channels and campaigns.
- Solid instincts for what makes compelling creative that will elicit an action.
- Commitment to delivering error-free work and high quality client service.
- Comfort working with data and using past results to drive future strategy.
- Ability to handle multiple complex projects; a resourceful self-starter who can take initiative and follow through on projects.
- Ability to adapt to frequent change and prioritize constantly shifting opportunities.
- Provide strategic input on all email marketing campaigns, landing page design, online acquisition efforts, social media outreach, and other digital marketing efforts, including testing. Coordinate production and launch of all such campaigns.
- Work with the digital advertising team to ensure coordinated or integrated strategies for all digital fundraising efforts.
- Ensure that all assets for digital marketing campaigns – advertising, email, landing pages, etc. – go through the appropriate quality assurance processes and testing before launch.
- Conduct audits of client and potential client social media, email marketing, and web presence.
- Assist with researching and negotiating terms with vendors; rout and finalize contracts and insertion orders.
- Coordinate activities with other fundraising channels to ensure that promotions are integrated and messaging is consistent.
- Assist with the production of regular statistics reports and with analysis for active marketing and fundraising efforts; maintain overall campaign results to evaluate the effectiveness of marketing efforts.
- Research new advertising and marketing venues, stay abreast of online marketing trends; develop and maintain relationships with vendors and partners.
- Conduct research on behalf of client mission and new outreach campaigns.
- Lead internal meetings.
- Ensure deadlines and budgets are met.
- Assist account directors and other senior staff with other activities as assigned.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational/project management skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Friendly, customer-service oriented attitude.
Education and Experience
- Two to three years of Internet marketing experience. Nonprofit and/or fundraising experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Degree in Marketing or Communications especially useful, but not required.
- Experience with e-CRM platforms such as Blackbaud Convio/Luminate Online, Salsa, Classy, Engaging Networks highly desired. Knowledge of CMS and web editing software a plus.
- Experience with Google Analytics and/or Google AdWords a plus.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the Digital Account Executive position. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the Digital Account Executive job. While performing the responsibilities of the Digital Account Executive position, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit or stand at a desk to work on a computer and use the phone, sometimes for prolonged periods. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
While performing the responsibilities of the Digital Account Executive job, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the Digital Account Executive will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the Digital Account Executive job. This is an open space environment with moderate noise (e.g., colleagues’ conversations, computers, and printers). Telecommuting may be feasible for this position with permission from direct supervisor. Occasional required travel is likely.
To perform the Digital Account Executive position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. These requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skill, and ability required of the position. The Digital Account Executive assumes other responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.