Do you want to use your communications skills, social marketing acumen, and creative sense to help make the world a better place? Cause Communications is looking for a highly organized, creative, and self-motivated Account Assistant to help coordinate and manage a variety of Account related projects.
Cause Communications is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to helping purpose-driven organizations use communications to create positive social change. We provide best-in-class communications consulting services, training, and project management for nonprofits and public agencies working on important issues like healthcare, education, the environment, and social justice.
This position offers an opportunity to get firsthand experience in a fast-paced agency setting and learn communications best practices for cause-related projects. In addition, the Account Assistant will be introduced to the major topics and issues related to advocacy, nonprofit organizations, and communicating on behalf of issues and causes. Gain real-world experience by working directly with client account teams and contribute to a range of areas such as research, project management, and assisting with social media. This is a paid, entry-level position that requires previous work experience and a related college degree.
- Working with a team, research & develop content across various social media platforms
- Support the organization’s social media engagement strategies
- Monitor social media accounts and assist with reporting
Research and Writing
- Support team with client research and initiatives
- Writing projects as needed
- Proofing and copy editing as needed
- Assist with monthly newsletter and analytics
- Support the success of marketing campaigns by contributing ideas and implementing strategies
- Research and track potential awards submissions to highlight organization’s work
- Support the preparation of other marketing materials
- Implement content updates on the organization’s website
- Help manage the organization’s image bank
- Assist with ongoing administrative tasks, database management, & staff meetings
- Answer phones & contribute to a positive work atmosphere
Project Management & Production
- Assist Project Manager with monitoring and updating project timelines
- Gather and disseminate assets and materials to team members as needed
- Assist Project Management and Design departments in the production of client and agency related materials, including capabilities kits, design comps, presentations, and training materials
- Bachelor’s degree
- Established writing, communication, and research skills
- Track record and willingness to juggle multiple projects and office administrative tasks
- Interest in nonprofit work
- Ability to work independently and to follow through on projects
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong sense of professionalism
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite & familiarity with Mac OS
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (preferred but not required)
- Familiarity with MailChimp, WordPress, Quickbase, Hootsuite (preferred but not required)
- Valid driver’s license
- Comfortable using analytics data to write reports
The Account Assistant is a full-time position
Cause Communications offers a competitive benefits package for full-time employees, including company-sponsored health, dental, vision, long-term disability, life, and AD&D insurances, as well as paid holidays, vacation time, sick days, wellness reimbursements, and access to a 401K plan.
How to Apply
If our mission and values align with yours, if your skills and experience match what we’ve outlined above, and if you’re serious about having a positive impact on the world by using “Communications for Good,” we’d love to hear from you.
Please send resumes and cover letters per the following instructions to Stephanie Avedon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Resume should include work experience, skills, and education
**Cover letter should include:
- Why you want to work at Cause Communications
- Why this position is attractive and would be satisfying
- What you bring to this position and how your skills and experience match the job
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Authenticity is more than just a value here at Cause Communications. It’s a cornerstone of our culture. As an organization founded by an LGBTQ woman, we believe that bringing our whole selves to our work builds community, sparks solutions, and creates change. That’s why we prioritize equity, diversity, and inclusion. Cause Communications encourages applications from all qualified individuals, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, previous incarceration or involvement in the criminal justice system, or veteran status. Join us.
How to Apply