In this course, we will focus on developing your understanding of data constructs such as references, normalized data, and survey question types. We will unpack the “Feedback Loop cycle” and evaluate how feedback is integrated (or not) into current data management practices within your organization. We’ll demonstrate sample key performance indicators (KPIs) and survey data in use at other organizations, including an overview of website analytics.
You will also work through documenting your existing KPIs, if any, and develop a plan to investigate desired KPIs which are not currently tracked. We will discuss processes to identify and prioritize the adoption of internal reporting team-wide, and discuss strategies on how to implement a culture of decision-making that is driven by data.
You will be able to…
- Evaluate your organization’s current feedback loop of design, collect, analyze, dialogue, and course correct.
- Identify, assess, and prioritize your current key performance indicators.
- Design a dashboard for desired key performance indicators, and develop a data collection plan for items not currently tracked.
This is an advanced course. You should have an understanding of the following prior to participation:
- Basic understanding of KPIs
- Basics of data collection and management
- An awareness of current data usage and related processes at your own organization
Professional Credential Units
In addition to our own Nonprofit Technology Professional Certificate, NTEN is an approved provider for a number of other professional credentials programs. This course qualifies for the following credits.
NTEN Professional Certificate 1 | CFRE 3 | CAE 1.5