Community engagement is not just about creating compelling communications and campaigns, but about collaborative conversations, inviting people to engage with your organization. If you’re doing it right, community engagement excites and unites your community, especially when each method or platform is used to its greatest potential.
Picking up where Intro to Community Engagement left off, Advanced Community Engagement will explore how nonprofits can strategically use leading forms of technology to create a conversational approach, inviting cycles of engagement, interaction, and investment. Course materials will showcase leading strategic engagement models from some of best in the industry, and help learn from their struggles and successes.
You will be able to…
- Identify passive vs. active collaborative engagement efforts and learn to turn passive content into active communications.
- Identify which of the leading forms of technology can help create distinct engagement opportunities in a unified, strategic way.
- Design creative and collaborative engagement efforts that invite interaction and community investment.
This is an advanced course. You should have an existing understanding of the following prior to participation:
- Basic understanding of how platforms such as social networks and community forums work
- Basic experience with forming and/or supporting a formalized group
- Current community engagement needs and opportunities for your organization’s mission
Professional Credential Units
In addition to our own Nonprofit Technology Professional Certificate, NTEN is an approved provider for a number of other professional credentials programs. This course qualifies for the following credits.
NTEN Professional Certificate 1 | CFRE 3 | CAE 1.5