Nonprofit Tech Readiness (NTR) is a six-month cohort program focused on nonprofit professionals interested in boosting technology management and planning in their organizations. Our goal is to elevate nonprofits’ technology capacity significantly by strengthening participants’ knowledge of best practices for technology planning, budgeting, decision making, and more while teaching them how to advance a technology project specific to their work.
For more than ten years, NTEN’s NTR cohorts have engaged nonprofit staff from organizations of all sizes across the U.S. in several interest areas thanks to funding and partnerships with various program funders. Currently, there are three NTR cohorts operating:
- Data Empowerment cohort: National (applications open in August)
- Digital Success cohort: National, funded by Okta for Good (applications open in August)
- LA cohort: Los Angeles County, CA, funded by the Annenberg Foundation (applications open in fall 2021)
How does it work?
NTR combines online and in-person educational sessions and leadership development. Participants learn from nonprofit technology experts and receive guidance and training to support technology projects at their organizations. This capacity-building program meets the diverse needs of nonprofit staff working to implement technology solutions that make meaningful change in their communities.
The educational sessions reflect the major departmental areas across an organization. This comprehensive training provides every participant, regardless of their current role, a full view of best practices, strategic decision-making processes, and knowledge for managing technologies in all areas of an organization. Additionally, you’ll learn to benchmark your capacity against similar organizations (not just the big names in the sector) and find appropriate partners to advance your plans.
- Training Series: a series of educational sessions that cover the core competencies of technology planning, budgeting, implementation, and evaluation across an organization
- Workshops: dedicated working sessions to provide skill-building and networking while helping you advance your technology project planning
- Leadership Development: facilitated process to coach you in providing project feedback, practicing and modeling experiences you can replicate in your organizations
- Technology Projects: coaching and support for your unique project that will make a critical and lasting impact on your programs including direct support on project planning, culture change, and successful path for implementation
Are you interested in supporting an NTR cohort? Email NTEN CEO Amy Sample Ward.