Supercharge your career and have your skills recognized with NTEN’s Digital Equity Professional Certificate.
An in-depth, certified training produced by NTEN in collaboration with the best and brightest in the digital inclusion sector, the certificate covers best practices to develop and manage digital inclusion programming successfully. The program combines curated educational content with a cohort experience that allows participants to collaborate with their peers in a supportive environment.
Training That Meets You Where You Are
The Professional Certificate is designed for early to mid-career nonprofit professionals and is self-paced, though requirements must be completed within 12 months.
What the Certificate Includes
The Digital Equity Professional Certificate comprises a 10-week core program and five electives you choose from our course catalog. You have one year to complete the electives.
The 10-week core for the Professional Certificate is offered online in the spring. The core program focuses on the following topics:
- Foundations of Digital Inclusion
- Evaluating Community Resources
- Data for Digital Inclusion
- Accessing and Implementing Digital Inclusion Tools & Resource
- Teaching Technology to Adult Learner
- Curriculum Development and Design
- Digital Inclusion Project Planning
- Outreach for Your Digital Inclusion Program
Courses are also offered twice a year and can be taken prior, during, or after your participation in the 10-week core. You have 12 months to complete both components to qualify for your Professional Certificate.
Your Return on Investment
The prepaid option costs $1,000 for NTEN members or $2000 for nonmembers and offers significant savings over buying each element individually. The full prepaid option includes:
- An in-depth online 10-week cohort program focused on eight core elements of digital equity
- Five elective courses, chosen from our catalog of 22
- Regular, individual feedback from our expert faculty
- Curriculum-based on real-world nonprofit experience
- Support and connection from your cohort
- Expert guidance on a final project relevant to your work
- Delivered through an interactive, user-friendly online training center
- 3 CFRE credits per course and 24 for the 10-week core
- 1.5 CAE Credits per course and 12 for the 10-week core
- Professional Certificate upon completion
NTEN is grateful for the support and feedback from the Digital Equity Certificate Advisory Committee, whose guidance is key in developing this program.
Need help convincing your boss? Use our justification toolkit.
Book a phone call with NTEN’s programs team.