We are not currently hiring for any positions on the team but will post here when any positions are open. Please note, while technology is central to our lives and our work, NTEN is not a technology company. When identifying potential hires, we prioritize robust experience in the nonprofit sector over tech expertise.
Who We Are
The heart of NTEN is a passionate community of collaborative individuals, and that starts with our employees. We have decades of professional experience across nonprofit departments and personal experience as activists and organizers in our communities. Our cumulative knowledge and values shape our approach to building a nonprofit sector rooted in the skillful and racially equitable use of technology.
Our Equity Commitment includes group-specific policies for our community, including staff:
NTEN regularly reviews and improves our recruitment, hiring, orientation, and retention practices to employ diverse staff and create opportunities for every staff member to be their best and whole selves through their work with NTEN.
We expect all staff to recognize that they represent NTEN in-person and online, in the office and beyond, with words and actions that meet our Commitment and lead by example for our community. This includes not speaking on panels or at events where the speaker lineup is not diverse and ensuring that written contributions we author include a diversity of voices and perspectives.
To support staff in being their best and whole selves, we:
- Are an equal opportunity employer.
- Cover the cost of Health, Dental, and Vision benefits at 100% for an eligible employee and 60% for a spouse, child, or registered domestic partner.
- Match 3% to a Simple IRA plan.
- Provide access to an optional Flexible Spending Account for pre-tax funds for medical and dependent care costs.
- Provide a $50k life insurance policy for the duration of employment.
- Provide a monthly stipend for internet and mobile access.
Work/Life Integration Support
We recognize the value in supporting the needs of staff outside of work and that investing in employees’ ability to take care of themselves and their families enables them to do their best work. In this effort, we provide:
- Flexible work schedules and locations (between the office and home).
- 160 hours (20 days) of PTO during the first year of employment and 200 hours (25 days) each year after and ten paid flexible holidays.
- Short Term Disability service covering 60% of salary.
- Parental leave for parents of any gender who have newly become parents, including holding the job for at least 12 weeks with six weeks paid. The other six weeks unpaid can be covered through PTO or covered with Short Term Disability.
- Bereavement leave for immediate and extended family, as well as miscarriage.
- Paid time off to vote.
- Payroll advances as needed.
- A dog-friendly office.
We recognize the importance of professional development for staff, our organization, and the nonprofit sector as a whole. To support this, we provide:
- Performance evaluations, including after the first 90 days and then every six months.
- Training to complete the tasks and goals specific to the job.
- Training to advance relevant professional skills.
- Budget to cover costs associated with attending conferences, accessing online courses, and purchasing books or other materials.
- Support, training, and budget to cover the costs of applying to and presenting at conferences and events.