Join Our Team
We do not currently have any open positions, but will list them here in the future when any open.
Who We Are
NTEN is run by a team of smart, passionate, and quirky individuals who are committed to using technology for social change. A registered nonprofit, we serve 7,500 members and a broader nonprofit community of over 100,000.
Our programs help nonprofit professionals connect, learn, and change by creating spaces for them to learn more about how technology can help them meet their missions, connect with other people working in the sector, and advocate for the change they know is needed.
What Working at NTEN is Like
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion includes policies specific to various groups in our community, including staff.
NTEN regularly reviews and improves our recruitment, hiring, orientation, and retention practices to employ diverse staff and create opportunities for every staff member to be their best and whole selves through their work with NTEN.
We expect all staff to recognize that they represent NTEN in-person and online, in the office and beyond, with words and actions that meet our Commitment and lead by example for our community. This includes not speaking on panels or at events where the speaker lineup is not diverse and ensuring that written contributions we author include a diversity of voices and perspectives.
To support staff in being their best and whole selves, we:
- are an equal opportunity employer.
- cover the cost of Health, Dental, and Vision benefits at 100% for an eligible employee, and 60% for a spouse, child, or registered domestic partner.
- provide access to an optional Simple IRA plan with a 3% match.
- provide access to an optional Flexible Spending Account for pre-tax funds for medical and/or dependent care costs.
Work/Life Integration Support
We recognize the value in supporting the needs of staff outside of work and that investing in staff’s ability to take care of themselves and their families enables them to do their best work. In this effort, we:
- provide flexible work schedules and locations (between the office and home).
- provide 160 hours (20 days) of PTO during the first year of employment and 200 hours (25 days) each year after, as well as ten paid flexible holidays.
- provide Short Term Disability service that covers 60% of salary.
- offer Parental Leave for parents of any gender who have newly become parents (through birth or adoption), including holding the job for at least 12 weeks with 6 weeks paid and the other 6 weeks unpaid that can be covered through PTO, or covered with Short Term Disability.
- provide bereavement leave inclusive of direct and extended family as well as miscarriage.
- provide paid time off to vote.
- are a dog-friendly office.
We recognize the importance of professional development for staff, our organization, and the nonprofit sector as a whole. To support this, we provide:
- performance evaluations including after the first 90 days and then every 6 months.
- training to complete the tasks and goals specific to the job.
- training to advance relevant professional skills.
- budget to cover costs associated with attending conferences, accessing online courses, and purchasing of books or other materials.
- support, training, and budget to cover costs of applying to and presenting at conferences and events.