Integrity and Compassion
We act with courage and operate with transparency. We are honest and kind to ourselves, each other, and our community.
Excellence and Savvy
We hold ourselves—as individuals and as a team—accountable for high-quality work that prioritizes creativity, reflection, intention, and sustainability. We are professionals with valuable expertise that we actively share with the community.
Community and Humanity
We are accessible and inclusive in our practices and programs, centering our members and the larger nonprofit technology community in our decisions. We value the knowledge of our experienced and diverse community. We find ways to have fun, enjoy life, and celebrate the human side of technology while recognizing the critical impact of our work and the work of the nonprofit sector.
Equity and Liberation
We advance equity in everyday actions and the systems we create for our work. We are invested in collective liberation because we know our freedoms are tied together.
View our commitment to equity and related policies.
The NTEN 6
- The internet is a powerful and necessary tool. It’s vital that it is affordable and accessible to all people.
- Technology is an investment central to all programs and services. It is not overhead, but an essential part of strategic planning and budgeting by organizational leadership.
- Every role at a nonprofit requires technology. Yet many people have limited access to training. If a nonprofit hopes to effect change, then it must start with itself by investing in continuous professional development for all employees regardless of job title.
- Helping others starts with respecting ourselves. Nonprofits cannot effect change when it’s acceptable for employees to earn below-market pay, benefits, and training because they chose a career in the social good sector.
- Sharing knowledge and experience creates powerful solutions. Because many of the problems facing our society have overlapping causes, we must stop hoarding resources and explore collaborative opportunities.
- Change happens when the entire sector comes together. We are a community of nonprofits, funders, consultants, vendors, and technology providers. Nonprofits can’t do the heavy lifting alone. Each of us has a role to play in building, sustaining, and powering our community.