Thank you for your interest in writing for our blog, Connect. We’re always looking for articles from our community. Please note, posting on NTEN’s blog is a benefit reserved for active paid members and community partners. You can check your membership status by signing into your NTEN account. Click the Log In button at the top right of this page.
Everyone who works in a nonprofit uses technology, which means our audience represents every job function and mission focus. Each month we publish articles on a wide range of topics, including:
- Automation for engagement, donors, volunteers, etc.
- Communicating with stakeholders.
- Data and evaluation.
- Digital inclusion.
- Fundraising tools, resources, best practices.
- Project management.
- Strategic planning, budgeting, and training of technology.
- Tech equity.
This is just a sample of topics we’ll consider. If your pitch includes a nonprofit technology angle related to current news events, then we’d love to read it.
- We do not participate or respond to sponsored links and posts or link swap deals.
- Linkbait, press releases, or open invitations to demo a product or service are deleted. Tactics don’t have to be nonprofit-specific but should be relevant to the nonprofit technology community.
- Please send pitches. Do not send completed articles.
- Be short. Tell us your pitch in just a few sentences.
- Include approximate word count and timing.
- NTEN is tool- and consultant-agnostic — do not pitch solutions dependent upon purchasing specific software or becoming a client. Ideally, the reader should walk away better informed or with items actionable regardless of what they have or whom they work with.
- Focus on tips, tricks, how-tos, lessons learned, and higher-level conversations to help nonprofit professionals work better.
- Ideally, community partner submissions include a nonprofit on the byline and their perspective included in the post.
- We prefer original content but may occasionally consider republishing work from another site if it’s relevant to our community.
- Articles range 800–2,000 words.
We strive to ensure a diversity of perspectives and voices, including but not limited to: gender identity, race, geographic location, job type, and organization size and type. We generally do not publish more than two pieces by any one organization in a calendar year to ensure a diversity of community voices.
We offer a $50 honorarium to authors to increase the diversity of voices on our blog.
How to submit
Please review what other authors have written on your topic before pitching and confirm that your membership or community partnership is current. Then email your idea to us, and we’ll let you know if we think our audience would be interested. We do not send rejection emails. If your pitch is accepted, we’ll discuss the deadline and publication dates. We will edit the piece to conform to our style and consult with you if more significant edits need to be made.
Once your article is published on the NTEN site, we’ll email you the article’s link. We’ll share it in our monthly newsletter and on LinkedIn and Twitter and link to your accounts if you have them. Social media sharing of your own is encouraged, as is sharing with friends via email, newsletters, and any other platform at your disposal.