Thank you for your interest in writing for our blog, Connect. We’re always looking for articles from our community. Please note, posting on NTEN’s blog is open only to active paid members and community partners. You can check the status of your membership by signing into your NTEN account. Click the Login button at the top right of this page.
Everyone who works in a nonprofit uses technology, which means our audience represents every job function and mission focus. Each month we publish articles on a wide range of topics including:
- Automation for engagement, donors, volunteers, etc.
- Communicating with stakeholders
- Data and evaluation
- Fundraising tools, resources, best practices
- Project management
- Strategic planning, budgeting, and training of technology
This is just a sample of topics we’ll consider. If your pitch includes a nonprofit technology angle then we’d love to hear it. And not just writing: we’ll also consider video, comics, infographics, or other mediums.
- 800–1,500 words
- Tool- and consultant-agnostic — no solutions that are dependent upon purchasing specific software or becoming a client. Ideally, the reader should be able to walk away better informed or with items actionable regardless of what they have or whom they work with.
- Ideally, community partner submissions include a nonprofit on the byline and their perspective included in the post.
- Focus on tips, tricks, how-to’s, lessons learned, and higher-level conversations that help nonprofit professionals work better.
- Linkbait, press releases, or open invitations to demo a product or service will be rejected. Tactics don’t have to be nonprofit-specific but should be relevant to the nonprofit technology community.
- We do not participate in sponsored links and posts or link swap deals.
We strive to ensure a diversity of perspectives and voices, including but not limited to: gender identity, race, geographic location, job type, and organization size and type. We generally do not publish more than two pieces by any one organization in a calendar year, to ensure a diversity of community voices.
We offer a $50 honorarium to authors, to help increase the diversity of voices on our blog.
How to submit
Before pitching, please review what other authors have written on your topic and confirm that your membership or community partnership is current. Then email your idea to us and we’ll let you know if we think our audience would be interested. If your pitch is accepted, we’ll discuss the deadline and publication date at that point. We will edit the piece to conform to our style and will consult with you if there are bigger edits that need to be made.
Once your article is published on the NTEN site, we will send you an email with the link to your article. We’ll promote it on LinkedIn and Twitter and link to your handle, if applicable. Social media sharing of your own is encouraged, as is sharing with friends via email, newsletters, and any other platform at your disposal.
Connect features resources on the latest nonprofit technology topics and trends from innovators in the field. Our Connect e-newsletter is sent monthly to 32,000 nonprofit professionals. Learn more and get in touch.