Peer-to-Peer (P2P) engagement is widely used for fundraising, but it can also be used to engage with your constituents, grow your list, get out the vote, and impact policy decisions. While team-based fundraising has been successful for many organizations, the rise of Peer-to-Peer Advocacy has shown great promise as a list growth strategy. Properly executed, P2P can personify your organization’s brand, extend your mission, and drive deeper levels of engagement with your existing supporters.
In this session we will explore innovative ways in which organizations can expand their use of peer to peer technologies to support critical organizational goals. Participants will see an extended case-in-point from the Drug Policy Alliance, which is running a P2P campaign to build public pressure for a transformative piece of legislation.
Topics will include:
- Benefits of P2P even if you aren’t a health-based nonprofit (it works for public policy change and orgs of all sectors – animals too!)
- Getting the board (or policy team) to support P2P for advocacy
- Choosing topics for P2P campaigns
- Deeply integrating social media into your P2P campaigns
- Testing, optimizing, setting metrics, and reporting on P2P pages
- Getting your supporters to create P2P pages.