- About NTEN
- NTEN Blog
- NTEN Connect Newsletter
- NTEN:Change Journal
- Nonprofit Benchmarks
- NTEN Webinars
- Resources by Topic
- Submission Guidelines
- Support NTEN
2009 NTEN Community Survey
Submitted by Brett on Mon, 11/02/2009 - 3:18pm
Category NPTech Community
We conduct an annual Community Survey to find out more about the individuals and organizations in the NTEN community, to learn about how they use technology in their work, and to gauge the impact of NTEN programs and services on their professional development and their organization’s missions.
The NTEN Community is made up of dues-paying members and program participants, with just over 7000 individuals represented in membership and a total of 15,000 members and participants who engage with NTEN programming and resources.
We received responses from 1,000 individuals in the spring of 2009. A little over half of respondents were NTEN members (56.48% answered that they were members, 34.4% said they were not members, and 9.2% did not know whether they were members).
- Satisfaction with NTEN programming overall, among members and non-members, is up over previous years.
- 84.7% of NTEN members feel that their membership helps them be more effective in their work, an increase of nearly 5% over 2008 responses.
- 93% of NTEN members would (or have) recommend membership to their colleagues.
- There is an “NTEN Effect” among respondents when it comes to Technology Adoption and Leadership levels: NTEN members are likely to rate themselves and their organizations higher along the adoption spectrum as compared to their nonprofit colleagues. NTEN members are also more likely to have leadership roles at their organizations when it comes to technology planning and implementation.
- “Running effective email campaigns” has supplanted “Managing my web site” as the highest-rated challenge area among respondents.