What Information We Collect and How We Use That Information:
Our registration forms require users to give us contact information that may include name, e-mail address, address, interests, and similar information.
- We do not store sensitive information from our visitors, such as credit card or social security numbers.
- We will never sell your information to a third party.
- We will never share your information with a third party without your permission
Use by NTEN:
When you create an account with NTEN you may receive occasional emails from us updating you on noteworthy developments in nonprofit technology. If you do not wish to hear from us, simply use the unsubscribe feature on these emails and/or contact us directly.
All information provided to NTEN is transmitted using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption. SSL is a proven coding system that lets your browser automatically encrypt, or scramble, data before you send it to us. We also protect account information by placing it on a secure portion of our Site that is only accessible by certain qualified employees of NTEN. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. While we strive to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of such information.
Other Web Sites:
Our Site contains links to other Web sites. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are entering another Web site for which NTEN has no responsibility. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on all such sites as their policies may be different than ours.
NTEN maintains a member directory for the purpose of helping members of our community connect with one another. If you are a current NTEN member, other current NTEN members have access to the complete directory which includes your name, organization, mailing address, phone, fax, and email address. If you do not want to be included in the member directory, you may email us and ask to be removed.
Registrants will be included in the list of conference attendees that will be distributed to conference attendees in a hard copy format. The purpose of this list is to encourage networking and individual follow up. This list is not to be used for unsolicited commercial or bulk-email purposes. The information on the list will be limited to name, title, organization, address, phone, fax, email, city, and state. If you wish not to be included in this list, email us.
If you choose to opt-in during registration, your information will also be shared with conference sponsors and/or exhibitors upon request in soft-copy format for a limited, one-time email and one-time snail mailing prior to and after the conference. Please report any violations of this one-time use policy by emailing email@example.com.
By accessing the websites of the Nonprofit Technology Network (NTEN) “nten.org, ntenonline.org, or any of their subdomains” you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, please do not use or access these websites.
You agree not to post, email, or otherwise make available content:
- that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, or is harmful to minors in any way;
- that harasses, degrades, intimidates or is hateful toward an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, disability, or otherwise;
- that violates federal, state, or local equal employment opportunity laws, including but not limited to, stating in any advertisement for employment a preference or requirement based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability;
- that includes personal or identifying information about another person without that person’s explicit consent;
- that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party, or content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships;
- that disrupts the normal flow of dialogue with an excessive amount of content, or that otherwise negatively affects other users’ ability to use the sites; or
- that employs misleading email addresses, or forged headers or otherwise manipulated identifiers in order to disguise the origin of content transmitted through NTEN’s websites.
Additionally, you agree:
- to refrain from inflammatory posts or rhetoric that might incite flames. Posts that are attacks on someone else’s religion, operating system, ethics, ancestry, internet service provider, attitude, or mother are not okay.
- to avoid commercial solicitaion. Vendors are allowed to post about their product or service where there is an explicit invitation for a reply from a RFP (Request for Proposal) or on their own profile page. Use of any contact information found on NTEN’s websites for commercial purposes without the express consent of the person you are trying to contact is forbidden and frowned upon.
- not to solicit cash donations for organizations or individuals. Offers for in-kind donations of either products or services are fine, of course.
- to try to explain any acronyms or technical terms to the greatest extent possible so that people in the lists who are less technical can learn and understand.
- that NTEN may email you directly from time to time about our programs and services. All email will contain clear opt-out instructions.
The materials on NTEN’s websites are provided “as is”. NTEN makes no warranties, expressed or implied. While we do our best to ensure that only quality resources are posted, the materials appearing on NTEN’s websites may include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. NTEN does not warrant that any of the materials on its websites are accurate, complete, or current. NTEN may make changes to the materials contained on its websites at any time without notice. NTEN does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
NTEN has not reviewed all of the sites linked to by its websites and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by NTEN of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
5. Job Board
NTEN maintains a dedicated job board for paid nonprofit technology positions as a paid service. All jobs must be for paid technology-related positions in the nonprofit and social benefit sector. Any off-topic job postings or any jobs posted in the NTEN.org discussion group will be deleted.