- About NTEN
- NTEN Blog
- NTEN Connect Newsletter
- NTEN:Change Journal
- Nonprofit Benchmarks
- NTEN Webinars
- Resources by Topic
- Submission Guidelines
- Support NTEN
NTC Drupal Day for Nonprofit IT Professionals
Do you manage a website built in Drupal? Are you an Drupal power-user? Are you a software developer serving the nonprofit community? Are you an nonprofit IT decision-maker evaluating Drupal as a content management system?
If any of these categories apply to you, and you’re headed to this year’s Nonprofit Technology Conference, please consider joining us for the annual NTC Drupal Day for Nonprofit IT Professionals.
Join us on the first day of #13NTC for this great one-day intensive master class event and dive in deep.
Time & Date: 9:00 am - 3:00 pm, April 11, 2013 (First day of 13NTC)
Location: Minneapolis Hilton (Conrad ABCD)
Register: Register Now!
The content of this full-day event will be geared toward IT decision-makers who either currently manage, or are considering, the Drupal content management system. With this focus, this event will be applicable to Drupal professional service providers specializing in the nonprofit sector, in-house nonprofit software developers, Drupal power-users, and executive nonprofit staff responsible for managing website and web application procurement and maintenance.
This event is not a training on “How to build a website with Drupal.” This event is not a Drupal vendor or product spotlight. Rather, this is a hands-on opportunity for Drupal users in the NTEN community to:
- Increase dialog within the national community of Drupal professionals and IT decision-makers serving the nonprofit sector;
- Make connections between nonprofit IT professionals interested in different technical and process conversations that are active in the wider Drupal community;
- Expose the nonprofit IT community to the latest techniques, tools, and trends in Drupal development and site management; and,
- As one of the opening events at the NTC, start the conference off right!!!
The format and schedule for the event are as follows:
NTC Drupal Day Agenda
8:30-9:00 Getting Started with Drupal, Brett Meyer, ThinkShout
9:00-9:20 How to Use the Drupal Community, Ivan Boothe, Rootwork
9:25-10:25 When Data is Everywhere, Where Do You Start? Using Drupal to Manage, Distribute, and Visualize Data, Kurt Voelker, Forum One
10:30-11:30 Personalized Engagement, Native CRMs and Salesforce Integrations, Lev Tsypin, ThinkShout
11:30-11:50 Q&A from the Audience: Your question wasn’t covered in the morning? Now’s the time to ask!
12:00-1:00 Lunch Talks:
- New Tactics in Human Rights, Kristin Antin, Center for Victims of Torture
- PovertyLaw.org, Young-Jin Kim, Emphanos
- Globalshapers.org, Alex Urevick-Ackelsberg, ZivTech
- MinnPost.com, Kaeti Hinck, MinnPost.com
- NCFR.org, Jason Samuels, The National Council on Family Relations
- Pitfalls of DIY Support: 5 Key Benefits of Managed Support, Andy Kucharski, Promet Source
- Proty: An Interactive Tool for Responsive Prototyping, Matt Humphrey, Forum One
1:00-2:00 Breakout Sessions:
- Sustainable Code, Alex Urevick-Ackelsberg, ZivTech
- Successful Nonprofit Redesign, Lynn Winters, Gorton Studios
- Building Secure Community Communication and Engagement, Andy Kucharski, Promet Source
- Taking Drupal Mobile, Michael Haggerty, Trellon
2:00-3:00 Breakout Sessions:
- A Consumer’s Guide to Drupal, Andrew Wilson, Lullabot
- Healthy Drupal 7 Upgrades, Andrew Cohen, Forum One
- CRM Best Practices in Drupal, Lev Tsypin, ThinkShout
As mentioned above, participation in this event is free, but registration is limited to 150 participants. We expect that interest in the event will be larger than that and that some folks won’t be able to attend, so if you want to come, please sign up asap. Also, if you do register for this event, we ask that you take this commitment seriously and plan to join us for the duration of the program.
13NTC Drupal Day is brought to you through the generous support of: