- About NTEN
- NTEN Blog
- NTEN Connect Newsletter
- NTEN: Change Journal
- Nonprofit Benchmarks
- NTEN Webinars
- Resources by Topic
- Case Studies
- Submission Guidelines
- Support NTEN
Guest Post on NTEN Blog / NTEN Connect
NTEN's free monthly e-newsletter, NTEN Connect, is full of resources on the latest nonprofit technology issues from leaders in the field. It goes out to more than 34,000 of the most influential leaders and innovators in the world of nonprofit technology. And unlike a lot of other newsletters, ours actually gets read. We routinely see open rates above 26%, with an average 6% unique clicks per issue.
Guest blog posts published by NTEN determine the content of the newsletter. NTEN accepts case studies, how-tos, tips, and general interest pieces about nonprofit technology, tied to our theme for the month (review themes below).
Please note that any piece you submit must be free of product placement or promotion of your company. We generally do not publish more than 2 pieces by any one organization in a calendar year, to ensure a diversity of community voices. Unsolicited articles are subject to the approval of NTEN for inclusion on our blog. NTEN reserves the right to reject any material that does not follow our editorial guidelines and to edit accepted pieces as it sees fit.
Unless otherwise agreed, all articles will be published under a Creative Commons-Attribution license; anybody may re-post your work, as long as they note and link back to the original.
Being published on the NTEN blog doesn't guarantee publication in the NTEN Connect newsletter. The NTEN community decides the content, based on how they interact with all of the guest articles NTEN publishes that month (in terms of page views, time on page, comments, and social media mentions).
- Deadline: The 21st (or nearest weekday) of the month before the theme you're writing for (so to write a post for August, you must have it in by July 21st); note that we do not accept submissions in December.
- Length: Guest posts should be between 700 - 1,200 words. Included images shouldn't be wider than 700 pixels. You must have permission to use any image you submit.
- Document format: HTML, DOC, TXT, or RTF, with URLs spelled out in the text (not embedded)
- Also include: Author's name, title, organization (including link), brief bio, author photo.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
NTEN Connect themes for 2014 are:
- January 2014: Looking Ahead / NTC Preview
- February 2014: Getting Your Message Out
- March 2014: Community
- April 2014: Mobile
- May 2014: The Cloud
- June 2014: Tech Leadership
- July 2014: Websites
- August 2014: Tools
- September 2014: Data
- October 2014: Evaluation / Measuring Success
- November 2014: Community Generated Content
- December 2014: The Year in Review / Best of 2014