Resources by Topic: Program

Results 101 - 120 of 182

Narrow your results using the filters at left.

Product Spotlight: The Mobile Nonprofit - Case Studies in How Charitable Leaders are Leveraging Mobility

 Join this free spotlight webinar to see how responsive techniques and platforms are helping charitable organizations leverage mobile to build branding, mobilize supporters, and increase donations. Learn more »

Three Ways Mobile Apps Can Help Grow Your Community

Submitted on Mon, 8/5/2013 - 7:16am
Getting people to help support the cause you work with can be hard. Being able to reach out to your community on their mobile devices can help make it easier.

Design Thinking: A Powerful Tool for Your Nonprofit

Submitted on Thu, 8/1/2013 - 6:53am
Design thinking is characterized by a “bias towards action.” Instead of talking and thinking, it prioritizes doing. It doesn't require a large budget or outside consultants, and in a sector of shrinking resources combined with rising demands, design thinking is a tool that can lead to powerful results.

The New Normal: Shifting Organizational Resources to Thrive and Survive in a Rapidly Changing World

As technologists, we are in a unique position to witness the increasingly rapid pace of human evolution for all its wonder. Join Civic Action’s Ian Rhett to learn how quickly an organization can embrace and metabolize change defines an organization’s agility in the new normal. Learn more »

MCON13: Engaging Millennials for Social Causes

Submitted by Megan on Tue, 06/11/2013 - 8:47am

I'm excited to be an official blogger for the The Millennial Impact Project's upcoming conference, MCON13. MCON is an annual conference, gathering nonprofit professionals and corporate leaders to discuss how to engage and involve Millennials in social causes. Tickets are limited and expected to sell out, so don't delay in registering for MCON13.

Community is even better when it's face-to-face: Check out your local NTEN 501 Tech Club!

Submitted by Megan on Thu, 05/30/2013 - 9:03am

Online community is pretty amazing stuff. But there's something about meeting together in person that sparks new ideas, deepens those online connections (and sparks new ones), and provides invaluable support from colleagues engaged in the work of social change.

Our local Tech Club leaders share their experience starting and running a club, the challenges, and the successes in building their local community.

Member Round Up: TweetUps and Donations and Data, Oh My!

Submitted by Megan on Tue, 05/28/2013 - 6:29am

It might've been Memorial Day weekend, but baseball and barbecues are hardly the only things going on with NTEN members. Inspiration, innovation, events - and of course, cat videos - are just some of the latest news in nonprofit tech land.

Donating to the NTC Scholarship Fund Helps the Sharing Continue: A Past Scholarship Recipient Reports

Submitted by Megan on Thu, 05/23/2013 - 12:53pm

NTC Scholarships don't just help first-time conference attendees. And that helps goes beyond just the scholarship recipient. TEXT "NTEN" to 25383 to donate $10 and nominate your scholarship attendee now!

This year's conference wasn't going to be a possibility for Amy Quinn, Content Curator & Speaker , Fundraising Innovators, LLC. However, through the community contributions to the NTC Scholarship Fund, Amy was able to attend this year and came back bursting with information to share.

Donate to the NTC 2014 Scholarship Fund! (A Past Recipient Shares Her Story of Change)

Submitted by Megan on Tue, 05/21/2013 - 7:08am

If you've been to NTC, you know that it can be an incredible event full of knowledgeable nonprofit techies - and donating to the 2014 NTC Scholarship Campaign can bring that awesome experience to others. For 2012 NTC Scholarship recipient, Lyndal Cairns, being able to attend NTC was life-changing.

Emerging Technology, Engaging Youth, and Your Mission: YOLO!

Submitted by Megan on Fri, 05/17/2013 - 7:46am

Flickr: jasonshimFlickr: jasonshimBy Jason Shim and Shubhagata Sengupta

At Pathways to Education, we offer cross-cultural conflict resolution training called YOUCAN, and one of the first topics we cover with the students is that the analogy of an iceberg can be useful in understanding people.

Typically, you only see about 10% of an iceberg above the water, and the remaining 90% remains submerged and unseen.