We have an exciting opportunity for a people-person with an appetite for Salesforce and technology. Join Grounded Solutions Network, an innovative membership-based nonprofit working to support affordable housing programs nationwide, as our new Technology Solutions Specialist. The Technology Solutions Specialist will be our internal Salesforce champion, ensuring that our cloud-based solutions meet the ever evolving needs of the organization. This is an opportunity to apply technical and project management skills towards creating positive change within our organization and in communities around country.
Our work requires a self-starter who can bring both technical expertise and an understanding of nonprofit operations. Success in this role requires knowledge of the Salesforce.com ecosystem and supporting applications. The most successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to work with multiple departments to help leverage the Salesforce platform to improve program management processes and increase operational efficiency. This position requires strong organizational skills and the ability to bring together a number of internal clients at once and work on multiple concurrent projects. Candidates should have strong communication skills and a genuine interest in helping people, solving problems, and learning and applying new technologies. The ability to collaborate remotely with all program teams while building consensus is also critical for success in this position. We currently have 18 staff located in 12 states and four time zones, five of whom work from our Oakland office.
The Specialist makes a positive contribution to the organizational culture and is a member of the dynamic Operations Team. S/he actively participates in team and employee meetings, retreats, or initiatives, seeks opportunities to improve efficiencies and contribute creativity, innovation, collaboration, and problem solving throughout the organization.
This Specialist will be responsible for maintaining our Salesforce instance, analyzing and planning for future needs, implement solutions, and support all users.
Solutions & Special Projects:
- Work collaboratively with all departments in the organization to identify new functionality needed to help them do their work better. Improve the system to meet programmatic needs and to streamline processes.
- Work closely with the Manager of Operations to identify new functionality, in a strategic order, that incorporates all programmatic needs, creating a roadmap with regularly scheduled releases.
- Coordinate the build out and release of new functionalities, including documentation and training to ensure broad user adoption.
- Collaborate closely with the HomeKeeper (Salesforce app) Team and provide support as needed.
- Manage consultants as needed to implement special projects.
- Partner with different programs on special projects, i.e.: Member Drive, Conference Registration, and Elections.
Ongoing Support & Maintenance
- Maintain data and overall CRM integrity, managing major refinements and upgrades, and supporting users who often have delegated Salesforce Administrator privileges.
- Lead the user adoption effort.
- Lead ongoing training and support all users (staff), with an emphasis on remote trainings for remote staff.
- Identify, implement and maintain new functionality, new fields, updated reports, workflow rules, validation rules, and other configuration options.
- Manage user roles, licensing for new staff, deactivating licenses for departing staff, security, and user profiles.
- Create customized reports and dashboards to measure outcomes and impact.
- Create user instructions and data guidelines.
- Keep up to date with new Salesforce.com features, best practices applicable to our industry, how new releases will affect our database, and prepare users for any upcoming changes.
- Support all technology needs for staff and the organization.
- Identify and evaluate the need for new tools and solutions, work with staff to select, implement and maintain.
- Manage company software licenses and subscriptions.
- Oversee our managed IT services firm (Tech Impact), who maintains company machines.
- Oversee purchase of new hardware and oversee Tech Impact’s configuration of new computers.
- Assist with management of organizational websites.
- Provide technical support during webinars on the Adobe Connect platform.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications for Entry into this Position:
Knowledge, skills and abilities
The ideal candidate is a team player with strong technical skills and good judgment about what approach to take, who enjoys sharing that knowledge and wisdom with our team to deliver streamlined processes that improve the efficiency of the organization.
- Loves database work and the nonprofit sector. Has a natural curiosity about technology, continuous evolution of the database is strongly encouraged.
- Resourceful. Willing to self-teach, seek out answers and best practices, search blogs, Twitter, user forums, help guides, etc. Constantly learning and thinking innovatively.
- Flexible. Willing to grow and change as our organization changes. Our CRM is expanding, and you will need to grow with it.
- Exceptional communication and training skills. This role is “user facing” and needs to understand what a user is trying to do and reach out to them at their level, able to encourage teammates with varying levels of technological expertise.
- Commitment to success. This person must be committed to the success of our entire organization. This is a team-oriented position.
- Experience moving projects forward rather than just responding to crises. While keeping things running
smoothly is important, we want our CRM system to evolve as the organization changes.
- Demonstrated ability to approach projects creatively and systematically. Able to keep people on track,
on budget and identify tools to manage project. Able to see opportunities for growth and understand how to make those changes happen. Logical, process-oriented thinker.
- Experience with the tools we use: Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack, Chatter, Microsoft Office 365, and
Form Assembly (or other survey design tool).
- Willingness to learn the tools we use: Vertical Response, Dropbox, Cirrus Insight, Adobe Sign, Adobe Connect, Conga Composer, and Click & Pledge Events and Merchant Services.
- Outstanding customer services skills with teammates and the public, enjoys helping others.
- Ability to work autonomously while managing a variety of projects simultaneously.
Minimum education level
BA/BS preferred, HS diploma required. Salesforce Admin Certification a plus.
Minimum prior job-related experience or training
3+ years of Salesforce experience in a nonprofit. Project management skills a plus.
Oakland, CA strongly preferred
$65k–$80k annually, commensurate with experience
Approximately 1–4 trips per year of out-of-state travel as needed to attend conferences and company meetings.
Join our team and build your career with us! We offer:
- Supportive, stimulating, and collaborative environment with passionate colleagues dedicated to building community, equity and justice.
- Opportunities for professional growth and development.
- Downtown office location, with easy access to BART.
- Competitive, comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, matching 401k, and paid time off.
Who we are:
Grounded Solutions Network is a national nonprofit formed by the merger of the National Community Land Trust Network and Cornerstone Partnership. We are dedicated to shaping communities to be inclusive and filled with opportunity for all. Where we live matters. It determines what opportunities we have and how our kids grow up. Everyone should be able to live in a place that offers opportunity: access to jobs, parks, public transit, quality schools and stable homes. Strong and inclusive communities provide the foundation that people and families need to thrive, both in the present and for future generations.
At Grounded Solutions Network, we know what policies and strategies work, and we help communities use them. We work nationally, supporting nonprofit and government practitioners, advocates, elected officials, and other housing professionals with the knowledge and support they need. We bring together an extensive network of member practitioners from local communities who have a deep understanding of best practices for the sector. We promote homes that remain affordable for generations and provide the foundation for our communities to be stable and strong, for good.
Grounded Solutions Network is committed to building a racially and culturally diverse team. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. We know that our work is empowered by a staff that is rich in diverse thoughts, perspectives, cultures, and human identities.