We are a bunch of committed people working to transform nonprofits, associations, NGOs and foundations through the use of technology – implementing Salesforce, designing and implementing websites and web-based systems, and providing nationally recognized technology consulting. If you have experience with Salesforce or are a top-notch database person with an interest in learning Salesforce, this is a wonderful opportunity. You would be working with a great group, tight-knit in a good, supportive way. You would contribute to achieving transformational change in our nonprofit clients. We are rapidly growing, dynamic and a great place to work.
You will be primarily responsible for the analysis of legacy data in a variety of nonprofit database systems, mapping the data to Salesforce data objects, scripting and/or using a variety of third party tools to support the import of that data, assistance with merging and clean-up (automatically) and related tasks to support Nonprofit Salesforce implementations. You may also get involved with Apex programming. Concurrent projects at various stages of development will be under your purview to ensure you never get bored.
- Serve as database lead on Salesforce implementation projects
- Gather system requirements, conduct analysis, coordinate the design of data mapping activities;
- Facilitate interviews with nonprofit staff to elicit information on data elements, adding value by suggesting modifications to business processes and other ways of interacting with the data
- Maintain high customer satisfaction through the delivery of high-quality, timely, and thorough solutions to customer problems
- Determine the scope and corresponding effort estimates for all development and data-related tasks; come up with task plans and estimates
- Support Practice Manager in business development activities
- Recent experience with the Nonprofit Success Pack; understanding of the NPSP features and functions
- Strong communication skills
- Bachelor\’s degree in Math, Computer Science, Engineering, Business or closely related field or equivalent experience
- Previous work experience in database design and implementation – MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, Postgres or other
- Strongly preferred: 3+ years direct experience in Salesforce client implementation / engagements
The Successful Candidate:
- Resides in the greater Los Angeles area – however great candidates will be considered if not in LA
- Demonstrated initiative
- Is a self-starter and works equally well independently or in collaboration with others
- Is able to juggle multiple tasks of high importance at the same time
- Has a proven ability to accomplish tasks quickly and works well on tight schedules
- Has excellent organizational and time management skills
- Possesses leadership skills to creatively solve problems by using existing processes as a guide – not as an absolute – when meeting client needs
- Is proficient with Word and Excel
Confluence (www.confluencecorp.com) is a woman-owned firm with a 16 year history. We are a Salesforce.org Impact Partner. Our firm also creates award-winning web designs, and performs expert technology consulting services. Our primary client base is wonderful nonprofits doing fascinating things – we support 150-some clients each month. We offer a full and competitive benefits package that includes paid leave, medical, dental, and 401k matching.