• Do you have a passion for building a brighter, stronger Jewish future?
• Are you a driven, dynamic professional with 3-5 years of marketing experience in events, the non-profit sector and/or the Jewish professional world?
• Do you thrive in a creative, fast-paced team environment?
• Are you a proven and deadline-oriented project manager?
• Do you care about and understand the needs and interests of the Jewish community?
The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington’s marketing department is hiring, and if you answered yes to these questions, you could be our perfect fit!
As our senior account executive, you will focus on our financial resources development portfolio to ensure effective marketing and cross-promotion of fundraising initiatives. You will be the go-to marketing executive for several departments within Federation, including but not limited to Federation’s Young Leadership, The Network and Women’s Philanthropy divisions and Federation’s United Jewish Endowment Fund.
You will manage marketing for small and large-scale events throughout the year, help direct Federation’s social media and put your exceptional writing, organizational and project management skills to excellent use in order to uphold our mission of building a stronger Jewish community.
• Oversee creative and production processes, timelines and budgets for multiple projects concurrently
• Integrate Federation messaging and branding across online and offline marketing materials
• Serve as a strategic thought-leader for Federation’s marketing initiatives
• Write and edit a variety of products, including but not limited to letters, flyers, advertising, invitations, press releases, talking points, web and social media content, email newsletters and more
• Provide strategic marketing guidance and recommendations to clients and colleagues, including analysis of current programming
• Work with clients and Federation’s Digital Communications Manager to develop and implement digital strategy
• Work directly with Federation colleagues to market large and small-scale events
• Assist at events to supervise and handle marketing needs (signage, audio/visual requirements) or as needed by client (registration, set-up/break-down). Events may occur in the evening or on weekends.
• Assist fellow team members with projects as needed
• 3-5 years of experience in marketing, advertising or public relations with a strong project management background
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, writing/public relations or related
• Ability to work on a variety of projects simultaneously
• Strong people skills, able to get along with and work well with diverse personalities
• Experience with and commitment to the Jewish community, with a working knowledge of Jewish history, tradition and current events
• Thorough understanding of creative and production processes
• Working knowledge of design and graphics, including production requirements for print and electronic applications
• Exceptional organization and communications skills (both written and oral) with proficiency in English grammar and usage
• Proven ability to oversee projects from concept through layout, finished art, and production phases to completion
• An inherent understanding of target organizational and audiences’ demographics and psychographics to develop appropriate approaches
• Background in strategic marketing planning helpful
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office required, experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus
• Experience with, or willingness to learn, web applications including website management software and email management software