At ActBlue, we build and power the premier online fundraising platform for Democratic campaigns, progressive organizations, and nonprofits working to create a better future. We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors and make giving online as easy as possible. And we work with thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations to local school board members.
The most rewarding part? Our work has led to a transformation of the power structures in this country. It takes all types to make ActBlue go, from political junkies to number whizzes to designers and writers. We pride ourselves on working hard as a small team to create big change. And we’re looking for more great people to join us.
Job title: Data Analyst
Reports to: Director of Marketing
The Data Analyst will play a critical role in both our fundraising program and our communication with outside partners. They will work with our Marketing Team and be responsible for helping to optimize our email fundraising program, including coming up with and implementing routine tests, maintaining our email list, and working on email deliverability. In addition, they will work with members of our Outreach Team to provide data to the media and campaigns and organizations using our tools, including routine data pulls and specialized reports for both technical and non-technical audiences. The ideal candidate will be a creative and strategic thinker who can devise new ways to use data analysis to support ActBlue’s goals as an organization.
Role and responsibilities:
- Suggest, run, and analyze email optimization experiments to maximize revenue for our fundraising program.
- Interpret data and analyze overall trends from ActBlue’s site-wide numbers for reports, clients, and blog posts.
- Work with multiple departments to prioritize analysis needs, and effectively manage multiple ongoing and short-term projects.
- Understand the audience for each project, and convert results into an appropriate format for that audience.
- Find new ways to improve your processes, and streamline projects and routine tasks.
- Working knowledge of SQL in a relational database with large sets of historical data
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing experiments (R preferred)
- Thoughtful and effective communication skills, and an ability to talk and present data to technical and non-technical staff and partners.
- Proactive problem solver with an ability to anticipate what answers we might want to have in the future and design a testing plan to get them
- Attention to details, including the ability to accurately collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information
- Passion for our mission and dedication to using data to to drive participation in our democracy
- Experience with email testing and best practices, particularly around fundraising
- Data visualization experience
- Understanding of email deliverability best practices
Location & Compensation:
ActBlue’s office is located in Davis Square in Somerville, MA, just a few blocks from Boston’s MBTA Red Line train. This posting is for a full-time, in-office, salaried position. We offer a competitive salary and a generous compensation package, which includes commuter benefits, fully paid health, dental, and vision insurance, an employer-sponsored 401k contribution plan, and a flexible time off policy.
ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.