This webinar is the first of a 3 part series on: Building Community through Twitter Chats
Check out parts 2 and 3:
- People and Process: The Building Blocks of a Strong Chat (and a Strong Community)
- People and Process (Part 2): Facilitation Skills for Cranking Up the Engagement
With all the social media channels out there today, it can be overwhelming to determine which is the best one to help you build and engage your community. Join this three part webinar series to learn what Twitter chats (and building community) can accomplish for your organization, for the participants, and for the community you wish to impact.
In this webinar, participants will learn:
- how effective Twitter chats build community (4 P’s – purpose, people, process and platform)
- how to determine the purpose of the community. What do you want the community to accomplish, and for whom?
- how to evaluate progress, impact, effectiveness, and ensure chats are aligned with core values (and more importantly, how to ensure chats are not going counter to core values!)
About the Presenter:
Hildy is co-founder of Creating the Future, a nonprofit living laboratory for accelerating social change. Through her work with Creating the Future, Hildy co-founded the #NPCons twitter chat for consultants and coaches to community benefit organizations. Started in 2009, the NPCons chat grew from a sparsely attended chat to a fast-paced monthly discussion, facilitated by a team of trained volunteers – and routinely exceeding 500 tweets in an hour. In response to participants’ request for more time together, in 2011 the chat birthed a Facebook group where consultants from around the world actively engage – learning from each other and supporting each other every day.
In addition to her work as “Chief Boundary Pusher” at Creating the Future, Hildy is a TEDx speaker and the author of “The Pollyanna Principles: Reinventing Nonprofit Organizations’ to Create the Future of Our World.”