- Participants will be able to research a social media strategy
- Participants will be able to identify which social media channels to use in your strategy
- Participants will be able to determine staffing and budget for your social media implementation
- Participants will be able to develop a comprehensive social media strategy
Participants complete pre-readings, answer knowledge check questions, attend an online training, and receive feedback directly from faculty on a homework assignment.
About the Course
Your social media strategy is an evolving universe of tools and strategies which you will use to create deep engagement and move people to action. It takes practice, a strategic approach, and the right set of tools. Ultimately, it brings people inside the organization so that it is fully owned by the community, who is empowered to help it succeed. By the end of this course, you’ll know how to deftly research and understand the social media landscape in your specific sector, estimate the time and capacity needed to execute your strategy, develop an appropriate content and content calendar, and implement it.
This course, the second of three, discusses the practical building blocks needed to research and develop a thoughtful and strategic social media plan that connects with your entire digital strategy. The first course, Framing Advanced Social Media Engagement, blends theory with the practical building blocks needed to engage meaningfully online and create an active and motivated social media community of stakeholders. The third related course, Advanced Social Media Engagement Evaluation, focuses on optimizing, measuring and monitoring the results of your social media efforts.
As an advanced course it is helpful to have an existing understanding of the following prior to participation:
- What your stakeholders care most about conversing and sharing
- Known audience demographics on major social networks: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Snapchat.
- Your social media communication SMART goals
Professional Credential Units
In addition to our own Nonprofit Technology Professional Certificate NTEN is an approved provider for a number of other professional credentials programs. This course qualifies for the following credits.
NTEN Professional Certificate 1 | CFRE 3 | CAE 1.5