- Participants will be able to identify social media KPIs
- Participants will be able to define the social media metrics that matter to your organization
- Participants will be able to use social media channels more efficiently
- Participants will be able to plan social media campaigns more efficiently
Participants complete pre-readings, answer knowledge check questions, attend an online training, and receive feedback directly from faculty on a homework assignment.
About the Course
In this advanced social media strategy course, we focus on evaluating your social media efforts and optimizing your practice. Whether you’ve just created a social media strategy or you’re working off of an existing practice and strategy, this course is intended to advance your understanding of social media measurement. Specifically, we will dive into evaluating success, key performance indicators, and measuring what matters. We’ll also review added value practices such as social media advertising, applications to help you do your work, and social media campaigns.
This the third of three courses in advanced social media practice. The first course, Framing Advanced Social Media Engagement, blends theory with the practical building blocks needed to engage meaningfully online and create an active and motivated social media community of stakeholders. The second course, Advanced Social Media Strategy Design, centers around researching and designing your organization’s social media strategy.
As an advanced course it is helpful to have an existing understanding of the following prior to participation:
- Your own social media strategy, or knowledge of a working social media strategy.
- How your organization currently leverages its social media channels, and how that relates to an overall communication strategy.
- Your social media communication SMART goals
Professional Credential Units
In addition to our own Nonprofit Technology Professional Certificate NTEN is an approved provider for a number of other professional credentials programs. This course qualifies for the following credits.
NTEN Professional Certificate 1 | CFRE 3 | CAE 1.5