This is one of five half-day trainings taking place the day before the 2015 Leading Change Summit in Washington, D.C. Half-day trainings are open to both LCS attendees and non-LCS attendees. Space is limited.
Leading technology initiatives in service of social change can be overwhelming. From budgeting to managing the implementation to launching and maintaining the solution, it’s all too easy to dive into technical details and decision making too soon, without taking a step back to consider the motivations of your target audiences alongside your own goals.
Join us for this participatory workshop to get a head start on your next project.
We’ll run you through a proven approach to beginning any technology project that is often referred to as Discovery. With a thorough Discovery process, you set the stage for initiatives that promote engagement and focus your energies and budget on solutions that best support your organization’s mission.
We’ll provide participants with tools and strategies for:
- Identifying the intended audiences for your initiative.
- Defining features that speak to the needs and interests of those audiences.
- Developing user stories and other tools that capture your vision.
- Selecting the appropriate vendors and/or technology platforms.
- Developing a project plan for managing implementation.
From ideation to project management and delivery, you will leave this workshop not just brimming with ideas but armed with a plan to put them into action right away.