Supercharge Your Career with the Nonprofit Technology Professional Certificate
NTEN’s Nonprofit Technology Professional Certificate is designed to give you the expert insight, peer support, and hands-on training you need to excel in your career.
An in-depth, certified training produced by NTEN in collaboration with the best and brightest in the sector, the certificate covers best practices in technology planning and investment, digital strategy, and leadership.
Training that Meets You Where You Are
The Professional Certificate is designed for early to mid-career nonprofit professionals and is self-paced, though requirements must be met within a 12-month period.
– Kristy Hayter, Covenant House Vancouver (June 2016)
Your Return on Investment
Enrollment costs $1000 for NTEN members or $2000 for nonmembers. This includes:
- In-depth online training on 8 core elements of nonprofit technology
- Five elective courses, chosen from our catalog of 30
- Regular, individual feedback from our expert faculty
- Curriculum based on real-world nonprofit experience
- Support and connection from your cohort
- Expert guidance on a final project relevant to your work
- Delivered through an interactive, user-friendly online training center
- 3 CFRE credits per course or 24 for the core subjects
- Professional Certificate upon completion
I’m In—Tell Me More!
To earn your Professional Certificate, you must complete the eight core subjects and five electives within 12 months.
The core subjects are delivered during a 10-week period, with two cohorts a year. Each week during this time, you will read course materials, complete a knowledge check quiz, participate in online training, and submit a homework assignment. We estimate it will take you about 3 hours a week.
Between sessions, we provide an online community space for you to connect with your cohort, faculty, and support. Our faculty are experts in their respective fields who will provide personal feedback you can put into practice immediately. (Check out the Education FAQs to learn more.)
The core topics are:
- Leadership: Culture and Change Management
- Technology Project Planning
- Digital Strategy
- Social Media
- IT Planning
- Data Management
- Metrics and Evaluation
There is also a final project on a topic of your choice, which provides further opportunity to receive direct feedback from faculty. You can choose your five electives from this list of available courses.
Training for the Professional Certificate will be offered twice each year—Cohorts run in October and again in April. Registration for the Spring 17 cohort is now open
Registering for the prepaid certificate option here. Once purchased, you can register for a spring cohort available in April & Fall cohort in October (opening soon) included with Prepaid Certificate purchase.
Thank you to Microsoft Philanthropies for their generous support of this program including full scholarships for participants in the initial pilot program!