NTEN is dedicated to providing a safe and welcoming experience for everyone. We do not tolerate harassment in any form.
This Code of Conduct applies to all NTEN spaces, including, but not limited to, NTEN’s online community platform, webinars and trainings, social media, Nonprofit Technology Conference, NTEN Labs, and Nonprofit Tech Club events. Anyone who violates this Code of Conduct may be sanctioned or expelled from these spaces at the discretion of the NTEN Community Team.
Some NTEN spaces may have additional rules in place, which will be made clearly available to participants. Participants are responsible for knowing and abiding by these rules.
- Offensive comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, neuro(a)typicality, physical appearance, body size, age, race, or religion.
- Unwelcome comments regarding a person’s lifestyle choices and practices, including those related to food, health, parenting, drugs, and employment.
- Deliberate misgendering or use of “dead” or rejected names.
- Gratuitous or off-topic sexual images or behavior in spaces where they’re not appropriate.
- Physical contact without consent or after a request to stop.
- Threats of violence.
- Incitement of violence towards any individual, including encouraging a person to commit suicide or to engage in self-harm.
- Deliberate intimidation.
- Stalking or following.
- Harassing photography or recording, including logging online activity for harassment purposes.
- Sustained disruption of discussion.
- Unwelcome sexual attention.
- Patterns of inappropriate social contact, such as requesting/assuming inappropriate levels of intimacy with others
- Continued one-on-one communication after requests to cease.
- Deliberate “outing” of any aspect of a person’s identity without their consent, except as necessary to protect vulnerable people from intentional abuse.
- Publication of non-harassing private communication.
If you are being harassed by an NTEN community member, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact the NTEN Community Team via a personal or anonymous report.
Personal reports can be made by messaging the NTEN Community Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or, if on-site, by contacting an NTEN staff member.
You can make an anonymous report here: http://nten.wufoo.com/forms/nten-code-of-conduct-report-form/. We won’t be able to follow-up with you directly, but we will fully investigate it and take whatever action is necessary to prevent a recurrence.
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
If a participant engages in harassing behavior, the NTEN Community Team may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from all NTEN spaces with no refund.
Revised: August 2, 2016
Attribution: This Code of Conduct is based on the example policy from the Geek Feminism wiki.