Submitted by Brett on Thu, 09/06/2007 - 2:57pm
This year's Technology in the Arts conference, sponsored by the Center for Arts Management and Technology, will be held October 12-13, 2007, on the campus of Carnegie Mellon University, in Pittsburgh. According to a recent advert, "Technology in the Arts attracts arts managers from around the country to discuss the role of technology in running arts organizations, creating art, and building community."
Sessions will include:
- Artists in a Digital World: A Visual History of Digital Imaging Processes in Contemporary Art
- Attack of the Pod People II: Podcasting for a Pittance
- Copyright in the Digital Era
- Interactive Marketing with Web 2.0
- Technology Project Management for Arts Organizations
- The Art of Second Life: Artists and Arts Organizations in a Virtual World
The conference will end with the Close-Out Bash, an evening of performance and revelry, open to the entire Pittsburgh community as well as attendees.