What does this mean for nonprofit advocacy, communications, engagement, donations, program delivery, site design and system infrastructure? Well, it means a lot of different things.
This issue of NTEN:Change provides statistics you should probably know about your supporters and constituents, strategies that might need to incorporate mobile technology considerations, tips, stories, and insights from nonprofit professionals and technology experts.
NTEN's publication, designed especially for busy nonprofit executive directors, departmental directors, boards, and other leadership staff, is free and hot off the press. In the current issue you'll find:
- "Testing the Waters With Mobile Technology: What You and Your Peers are Finding," by Kyle Henri Andrei, Idealware.
- "A Mobile Silent Auction," from Josh Hirsch, The Weiss School.
- Case-Study: Mobility and Program Delivery, Headway Emotional Health Services.
- Leadership Cheat Sheet: 10 Steps for Planning Your Nonprofit App, from Allyson Kapin, Co-Author of Social Change Anytime, Everywhere.
- "Three Things You Should Know About Your Mobile Supporters" by Claire Kerr, Artez Interactive.
We also feature content from the American Red Cross, Forum One Communications, the NTEN community, and... I couldn't possibly list everything here, so please check out the new issue to see more (and make sure your Executive Director and Board Members read this):