It's time to get your geek on, NTEN community! We're partnering with GOOD to sponsor a challenge asking for your ideas on how to fuel social change through the creative application of technology. You could win a $2,500 grant from GOOD and a free NTEN Membership! You only have until July 12th to submit your proposal, so we hope you'll get cracking right away.
Here are the details:
Calling all tech junkies and gadget nerds: we have a challenge for you! GOOD Maker and NTEN want to fund a project that fuels social change through technology, whether by enabling you to track impact, learn something new, help constituents connect and engage, or more seamlessly provide direct services. Maybe you're passionate about teaching computer programming skills and want to inspire the next generation of tech pioneers. Perhaps you want to develop a cool app to improve mobility in your city. Or maybe you want to improve the tech systems of your local nonprofit so that you can have even more impact. We want to support your idea and empower you to do good. Tell us how you would use your unique skills and ideas to sync up your community, and you could win a $2,500 grant from GOOD and a free NTEN Membership; there will be two additional prizes of free NTEN Memberships.
- Include a photo or video that represents your idea. Photos should be in JPG, PNG, or GIF format, at least 570 X 345 pixels and no larger than 10MB. To include a video, use a YouTube URL.
- Write at least 3-5 sentences that explain how the $2,500 award will enable you to implement your idea.
- Email us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Rules and Regulations
- This Challenge is open for submissions from June 14 to July 12 (noon Pacific Time). Individuals, groups, and nonprofits are eligible to apply.
- Submitted projects must be able to be activated with $2,500. Let us know how you're going to put this money to work! You may supplement the grant with additional funds, but you must use the grant and implement your project within 6 months of receiving the funds.
- Projects will be featured on this page and public voting will be open from July 12 to July 26 (noon Pacific Time).
- The NTEN judging panel will review the top 10 voted submissions and determine the final winner and the 2 runners-up. The winner will receive $2,500 to implement their idea and free one-year membership to NTEN, which includes access to all of the benefits, resources and information that NTEN offers. The 2 runners-up will each receive a free one-year membership.
- In order to vote, log in with your GOOD account. If you don't have a GOOD account, it's free to join. All you need is an email address or a Facebook account to register.
- Read all the rules.
You can read more on GOOD's site. We look forward to hearing how you want to use technology to change the world.