The 16th issue of the NTEN: Change journal is out, focusing on the Best of 2014: Cultivating Leadership.
We launched the first issue of 2014 by planting the seed: How can nonprofits remain competitive, innovative, and responsive to the changing external environment? The inspiration, as reflected on the quarterly NTEN: Change covers, came from farmers, a profession characterized by the need to be responsive. You can’t talk about technology implementation without discussing change. Tending to technology needs in today’s changing nonprofit landscape requires ongoing cultivation and adaptability.
- Online through Issuu (read it on your desktop, mobile device, or Issuu app)
Articles and interviews in this issue reflect on 2014, and offer up some important perspectives to take into the New Year. Features include:
- Tech Forward Leadership: Executive Staffing for the Digital Age, by Miriam Barnard, Nonprofit Organization Strategist and Consultant, miriambarnard.com
- Navigating the Mobile Security Ecosystem, Interview with Jeff Forristal, Bluebox
- Generosity, the Subscription Economy, and the Future of Nonprofit Fundraising, by Jamie McDonald, Network for Good
- Designing Meaningful Donor Experiences to Inspire Giving, by Yasmin Nguyen, Vibrance Global
- The Dark Side of the Force: How to Prepare for the Heightened Scrutiny of Social Media, prepared by Bonnie McEwan, Milano – The New School and BonnieMcEwan.com
We also go behind the scenes with The Denver Foundation, InterAction, Emerging Practitioners in Philanthropy, and the International Living Future Institute to learn how they’re using technology for social change. Network for Good and Vibrance Global explore different donor experiences,Jeanne Allen offers six tips for online board engagement, and James Murdock eloquently shares his experiences on a question we take to heart: How can nonprofits rethink the PDF?
We hope these articles prepare and inspire you to create change in your organization and through your mission.
>>Enjoy, and subscribe! Get this journal for free every quarter in your inbox by subscribing today.