Check out the latest news and good reads from your fellow NTEN Members:
- Go ahead, risk horrifying your old middle school teacher. M+R shares 6 Rules for Online Writing that just might shatter some old grammar rules.
- Congratulations to NTEN Member Partner, Association of Advancement Services Professionals (AASP)! AASP’s listserv, Fundsvcs, won the grand prize in the 2013-2014 LISTSERV Choice Awards.
- Mark your calendars for 2015! EveryAction compiled their list of 2015 nonprofit conferences you won’t want to miss, with a handy link to add it right into your calendar.
- Forget ice buckets, VolunteerMark lets you know how you can help fight the spread of the Ebola virus.
- Wondering what that web lingo you hear actually means? See3 explains the workings and terms behind the elements that keep your website up and running.
- OneJustice is profiling their inspiring volunteer Justice Bus Riders who log long hours by bus to provide legal assistance to rural communities.
- Data + satellites = fighting poverty. Data Analysts for Social Good demonstrates and explains how satellite imagery data is being used to detect poverty.
- What does it mean to be truly digitally inclusive? Michelle Chaplin explores the issue of salary inequality in her recent post. Peter Campbell calls for an intervention to address misogyny in the tech industry. And NTEN CEO, Amy Sample Ward, discusses digital inclusion and the need for safe discussion spaces for creating a more equitable digital future.
If you’ve got some happenings and news of your own to share, let us know and we’ll feature it in an upcoming Member News. And be sure to join in the Member Appreciation Month celebration – with free webinars and prizes for NTEN Members all November long!